Thursday, January 24, 2013

Songs

Our first song "There Goes My Heart" by Enuff Z'Nuff was sent to me by my dear love shortly after I said "I do". My honey thought it described perfectly our initial relationship. I think he nailed it.

There are a few other songs that really speak to me that I correlate with our relationship. The song Johnny and June, by Heidi Newfield, has a special place in my heart. It's about Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash, the movie Walk the Line was one of the first movies we watched together and we both giggled at Johnny's multiple proposals and June's multiple refusals. The hubster asked me to date him incessantly, but was always met with a firm no. But like Johnny, he never gave up, instead he changed the question. He asked me to be his wife. Like June, I couldn't refuse.

Here are a few lyrics from the song Johnny and June:

I wanna love like Johnny and June
Rings of fire burnin' with you
I wanna walk the line
Walk the line
'Till the end of time
I wanna love,
Love ya that much
Cash it all in,
Give it all up
And when you're gone
I wanna go, too
Like Johnny and June


Recently I was on my way home when a song came on the radio that I instantly fell in love with, my feelings summed up nicely in a song? Hecks yeah. The song Better Dig Two, by the Band Perry, described my undying, uncompromising love for my husband. Without him I'd be devastated and broken hearted, I can't imagine my life without my other half. I don't know how I'd go on.

Here are the fitting lyrics to Better Dig Two:

I told you on the day we wed
I was gonna love you 'til I's dead
Made you wait 'til our wedding night
That's the first and the last time I"ll wear white

Put me in the ground
Put me six foot down
And let the stone say:

"Here lies the girl whose only crutch
was loving one man just a little too much"
If you go before I do
I'm gonna tell the gravedigger that he better dig two

Well,
It won't be whiskey, won't be meth
It'll be your name on my last breath
If divorce or death ever do us part
The coroner will call it a broken heart

I took your name when I took those vows
I meant 'em back then and I mean 'em right now


I did save myself for our wedding night, I have no desire to ever remarry if something were to happen to my dear love. I might love him just a little too much, he's always on mind and in my heart.


No comments:

Post a Comment