Thursday, January 24, 2013

My Love

I remember the moment that I realized that I was in love with my husband, I was driving down the highway at 78 MPH trying to arrive home before bad weather hit and left me stranded nine hours from home, work, and the man I would marry. He sent me a text saying he loved me and I almost drove off the road. I do not condone texting and driving, I did pull over shortly after receiving the text to try to get my head together and formulate a reply.

Four short months later I took his name. I had never been so in love and thought I finally knew the definition to true love. As the days turned into weeks and weeks into months, I realized I could not be more wrong. I confided in my husband that I thought I'd never love him more than the day we wed, but my love kept growing.

We started telling each other how much more we loved one another, I would frequently arrive back to my desk at work to find a post-it note with a +7 written on it. I'd get all giddy, my face would flush, my heart would start beating too quickly then I'd tuck that post-it away for safe keeping. The numbers got higher as the months passed by.

We spent our first anniversary touring Ireland, exploring castles, staying in hostels and B&Bs, and driving through the countyside. It was a week of marital bliss.

No comments:

Post a Comment