Thursday, January 24, 2013

Amazeballs

I seldom go a week without recognizing in some capacity or another just how lucky I am to have such an incredible husband. Tonight I had a part on the meeting and my dearest didn't hesitate to reply with a resounding yes when I asked him to accompany me to help with the kids. He left work right at five, stopped at the store and hurried home to eat, change and hit the road. We had hoped both kids would fall asleep on the way there so that we would have a more relaxed evening, but only E fell asleep and then awoke when we arrived.

He joined us a couple of weeks ago at a Sunday meeting to lend his hand and show his support for me. He is truly a selfless giver in every aspect of his life.

I could go on and on recounting various things he has done to show his love, the list is endless. His willingness to make sacrifices for the betterment of our children's future is very endearing, as well.

I can only hope and wish that I make him as happy as he makes me. Sometimes life seems so surreal when I reflect on the joy and happiness that I receive from my darling husband.

I never thought I'd be one to receive thoughtful gifts from the love of my life, I thought that stuff was for movies and dating. Imagine my surprise when 6.5 years later I still frequently have flowers, chocolates, and camera gear gifted to me by my husband. I struggle to reciprocate his kindness, not because of lack of desire, but because opportunities escape me.

As I hear him drifting off to sleep I want nothing more than to feel his warm, sexy body next to mine. I'm signing off to initiate operation cuddle time.

No comments:

Post a Comment