Sunday, January 27, 2013

Dear husband,

I am writing you at this time to express my love and gratitude. There are so many things about you that I appreciate, that I can't begin to describe how happy you make me. There are the little things that mean so much, like unloading the dishwasher (which you know I hate to do), warming up the car when it's butt cold outside, making sure there is enough fuel in the fire to keep us warm all day while you are at work. Thank you for each and every thing you do, they do not go unnoticed or unappreciated.

Thank you for your willingness to take on projects to make the house nicer, even when we bite off more than we can chew, you make sure it gets done and it gets done right. Thank you for putting the bathroom back together, much more beautifully than it was before, that I gutted when you were at work.  Thank you for installing light fixtures, switching all the ugly cream colored switches and outlet to white, replacing all the boring trim with pretty new stuff. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I love that when you come home from work everyday the first thing you do is hand out hugs. That is simply the best part of my day, I miss you every minute you are away. Thank you for providing for our family, I've come to realize how rare it is for a man to provide for his family out of love and kindness and still be a great husband and father.

For years I dreamed of being a beautiful bride with a big party and prettiness all around, but my dream of happiness ended there. You see, before I met you, I thought I'd be relegated to being in a boring relationship full of demeaning, belittling comments. I thought my happiness would begin and end at the wedding.

Instead of a wedding we said our vows in front of the justice of the peace, instead of boring I found excitement. Instead of being the oppressed little wife I expected I'd become, I am an equal part of this marriage. I am treated with dignity and respect, my opinions mean something, my needs and wants are not only considered but typically met with enthusiasm and zeal.

Trust grows over time, I have complete trust in you. I know you will never hurt me, I know you will never leave me, I know you will always be by my side and be my man until the end of time. Thank you for giving me something to trust.

I never have to worry that I let you down, I never have to worry that I disappoint you, I never become concerned that you'll be angry at me. I've never worried that you'd hit me or use words to crush my spirit. You build me up when I am down, you make me smile when I frown, you cheer me up when I am sad, you make me laugh when I am mad. You have always been supportive and backed me in every thing I've expressed interest in doing. Thank you.

You have taught me to live and to love, you have given me the confidence to succeed. You have made me a better person, I am better for having known you, and I am stronger having loved you.
Thank you for teaching me to love, showing me how to live. Thank you for choosing me to live and love with, thank you for being mine.

I wouldn't trade a single day with you for anything in the world, you have made me incredibly happy.

~your wife, forever and for always
S

No comments:

Post a Comment